Monday 27 May 2013

Nuggleton Meets Southport


It still seems very strange to be doing a painting other than pure Nuggleton from my imagination, but this was requested by Gallery One on Lord Street, Southport for visitors to recognise a landmark so this was something that worked with the Nuggleton houses.

When it is finished this week I will carry on with finishing some other recent work, I want to do another monochrome as The Acorn Gallery in Pocklington have taken 'Bankfield Road' below, which is now mounted and framed.

I am going to do a re-make of my original Nuggleton By The Sea Hilltop Cafe, but it will be Castle On The Hill and then have the village below with more people.  I can see a huge improvement in my work when I compare Hilltop Cafe with my recent paintings, but it will always have a special place in my heart.

A lady at my art club is taking a writers course and wants to do a children's book so it is possible that we will work together and she will write a story around my paintings as I don't seem to have time for that side.  All exciting for the future of Nuggleton.

I will be at Trinity Art Exhibition, Houghton Street, Southport on Sunday 9th June selling Nuggleton greeting cards between 12.30pm and 4pm, so if anyone is in the area, please drop in and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment